Sticking to regular exercise schedules is hard. But more importantly, getting your brain to ditch all your excuses is very easy. This article is all about how you can improve your lifestyle to meet your fitness goals. If you are someone not getting enough time for an exercise, or if you cannot afford to go join a gym, this article is even more important for you!
Sticking to regular exercise schedules is not easy at all. Life is full of surprises that will mess up your routines. That does not mean you cannot take out time for doing the most important things that your body needs socially, physically, and if it concerns you, spiritually. Some of the hurdles that might prevent us from working out include boring routines, tiredness, stress, emergencies, injuries, lack of self-confidence but mostly excuses that we choose to believe in.
But we need to keep having conversations, stay socially active, because we are social beings, and in the same way we need to keep giving our body its daily warm-up, to grow fit, to stay that way, and to slow down ageing. You are here because you need a solution and we will give you the solutions along with busting a few myths on the way :D.
However, before you start reading the next part, we recommend you to make a list of all the problems that stop you from exercising.
Done? Read on!
1. I can’t find time for any exercise
Professionals in the fitness industry have just as busy schedules as we do, and while many of them have strict routines, others do not. But then how do they stay fit? By being creative with their time and making the most out of it!
- Early to Rise. If every day is a busy day, try waking up earlier by an hour or two. Getting your body’s clock to get used to this will take time. You might miss a few days but after a month or so it will become your normal timing. Use this time for your morning exercises and jogging.
- Walk or cycle instead of driving. Try to walk or use your bicycle for nearby locations, instead of using public transport or your bikes and cars. It will get easier and less tiring with time. But if you find yourself getting tired too easily, switch to a high-energy diet.
- Get physical. Change the way you think about recreation and weekends. Instead of movies or computer games, you should choose outdoor games or plan an adventure trip. Recreation gets much better if your whole body participates in it. So stop being a couch potato and go for the thrill!
2. Exercises are boring!
It is completely normal to feel bored of doing the same few exercises or workouts every single day of your life. But that does not make exercising a boring activity. All we need is to add a little variation and fun.
- Do it together. Involve your friends or family on your fitness journey. Working out together can be very motivating and fun, instead of doing it alone.
- Do it for the thrill. Participate in sporting activities. It could be with your friends or family, or at the local club. Sports is the best entertainment you can hope from life — it is the best workout, the best stress-buster, the best social bonding, all in one package. And with sports, you learn new skills along with the workout!
- Every movement counts. When you go cycling on your daily route, you are exercising. When you are jogging across the park, breathing in the fresh morning air, wishing good morning to others, you are exercising. And when you are swimming in cool waters, in the summers, you are enjoying your time, and exercising too. The point is that you are on the move, and engaging all your muscles throughout the day.
Exercises will get boring if you follow a monotonous routine, so keep rotating among several activities such as walking, jogging, swimming and cycling, sports, or even hiking and mountain climbing if that’s your thing!
3. I cannot exercise since I am too tired after work
So here’s the big secret to more battery power – If you follow these tips diligently, exercising will increase your muscle strength, your stamina. You will need less energy for work – physical or mental. You will have more juice left for recreation.
- Early to bed. Adults should get seven to eight hours of good sleep every night. Try to not work late-night shifts, especially if you get tired easily. A night of good sleep is very important for both types of recharges your body needs – physical and mental. So never compromise your sleeping times.
- Early to rise, and exercise. Wake-up time is the best time for a workout. If you go to bed early, you will be able to wake up early. Use this time for your morning walk or jogging and exercise.
- Try a high-energy diet. Never skip your breakfast. Follow a diet of proteins and carbs. Take some cashews or other nuts with you to work. They will help you sustain your energy and you will not end up exhausted at the end of the day.
- Stay hydrated. Drink a lot of water. Your body needs water for functioning properly and digesting food properly. Dehydration is a big reason for fatigue. Remember to drink a glass of water around an hour before you plan to do a very physical activity like a workout.
- Take a power nap. There’s nothing wrong with taking a short afternoon nap when you need it. Set your phone’s alarm to ring in 20-30 minutes. It will give your mind the much-needed recharge, increase your focus, and reset your body’s internal clock.
- Try out some lightweight workouts. Not all exercises are exhausting. Check out these 13 exercises that will be easy to do even if you are too tired at the end of the day.
However, the science of fatigue is much deeper. We highly recommend that if you feel sleepy the whole day, feel tired or dizzy after waking up in the morning, go for a checkup. Anemia or the lack of red blood cells in our body is the major reason of fatigue, especially in women. Having an iron-rich diet helps, but you should still visit your doctor. Here are all the medical reasons that are responsible for fatigue and what you can do about it.
4. I cannot exercise as I feel lazy, not sporty or athletic.
Nobody gets born with an athletic body. You mold it into shape through your habits, diet, and physical activities. Most often, laziness is a mix of this type of demotivation, mental fatigue, and boredom. So you will have to fight all three. And actually it’s easier than you think.
- Set realistic & rewarding goals. If you set your goals too high or your plans are boring, you might give up before you try. Here’s a short zen-walk guide I started with-
- Identify the locations near your home where you feel calm or just positive. It could be a park, a garden, a cafe, a bridge on a river, a skyscraper touching the skies, or just your friend’s house.
- Plan a route through these locations for your daily walk. This will make your walk much more interesting. Keep it short.
- Follow the route. You could just walk or jog or run, do whatever feels easy. Set your target to reach every location. Wait a bit at each point. You won’t get tired that way.
- Reward yourself with the views you like. If you wake up early enough, your walk could include the sunrise from a beautiful point.
- If you feel like running, don’t miss the opportunity! Running is when you are truly free from laziness. You will love the feeling.
- Get a friend involved. For some people, a walk is a self-reflection opportunity. For others, it can be a social activity, and a nice chat along the route makes it more interesting.
- Climb up. Once you have got into the flow, start leveling up. Upgrade your equipment. If you started with a walk, this time try out the same route with your bicycle. When you get into the flow, it means your brain is adapting to it. Use this to squeeze in other vigorous physical activities in your day. When I say equipment, it doesn’t have to be weights, it could be badminton too. 😀
- Get competitive. You don’t need to be a pro athlete to play games or run races or swim. All we need is a bit of adrenaline that comes with sports, and the right mood to have fun. So once you start playing and competing with your friends or family, all your laziness will disappear!
- Don’t force routines. For the rest of the day, don’t fight your body. Identify the times when you are most energetic and use them!
- Gather support. Tell your friends and family about your commitment. Ask for their encouragement.
5. I look ridiculous while exercising.
You are a self-conscious person, and that is a great thing! Meet Andre.
Andre was afraid of exercising thinking he might look funny and everyone would laugh at him. But it turned out that when Andre was exercising all you could see on his face was his determinism to transform into a better version of himself. Nobody except an imbecile would laugh on that. And soon enough, with the moral support from his friends and parents, Andre turned into the guy on the right side. You can check out his story by clicking on the caption if that motivates you.
- Remember your Why. Why is an exercise very important for your life – you know the answers, so keep them in mind. Forget the competition. You are not here to become an athlete but to be a better version of yourself. You are exercising for long healthy life.
- Do it for yourself. Don’t do it for others. Pick an activity you like, and as we said earlier, it doesn’t have to be gym workouts, but any vigorous physical activity. It could be any outdoor games with friends.
- Go solo. If exercising around others makes you uncomfortable, avoid it. Use your resistance-bands. Try investing in a stationary bicycle, a treadmill, or other pieces of home exercise equipment. Even better, try the zen-walk guide.
- Focus on the future. Praise yourself for making a commitment to your health. And remember that as you become fitter and more comfortable exercising, your self-confidence is likely to improve as well.
6. I tried exercising but it gave me no results
Giving up is not an option. Recall what made you give up. Is it one of the reasons mentioned on this page? Or is it because you could not see any changes in your body? Exercises can have great positive impacts on your body even if you cannot see them outright. It might take a lot of time before you start noticing you don’t get tired for longer times.
If you have any medical issues like diabetes and unstable blood pressure, and if you keep exercising, your efforts will definitely be visible in your next health checkup.
- Set your goals. And keep them realistic. If you cannot exercise an hour every day, do not set such targets. If you do, and if you fail to follow it, it can be very demotivating. Instead, promise yourself a 10-20 minute of exercises or jogging every morning.
- Do it at your speed & stay happy. When you start with small, affordable goals, you are able to complete them. This is what will motivate you to gradually increase how many kinds of exercises you do, how many sets you complete in a day.
- Consult a professional. If you desire a physical transformation, say you wish to have visible muscles, gain weight, or lose fat, get slim and so on, your diet is as important as your workout. So consult your dietitian or do your research online.
7. I can’t afford gym memberships
The biggest myth in the fitness industry is that if you wish to do a great workout, you need to go to a gym. And the man we quote is the world’s leading fitness coach Ben Greenfield and he recommends you should quit going to the gym.
When do you need to go to a gym – when your fitness goals are competitive, when you want to walk on the streets looking like John Cena or the great Khali, and when you need the physical guidance of a trainer.
If you are a beginner, or your desire is a long, healthy life and a lean, sexy body you do not need to use all that heavy equipment. Use your common sense – fitness and fit people have existed much before gyms. So what is our alternative?
- Perform push-ups and squats with your body weight. Try variations as you get better.
- Walk, jog, and take the stairs. People underestimate the positive effect of these simple exercises. Climbing stairs is a workout in itself and you should opt for it instead of lifts. In fact, gyms have stair-climbing machines and treadmills for these workouts.
- Use resistance bands. Buy a resistance band instead of using weights. These are inexpensive long elastic tubes with different strengths. There are many types of exercises you can practice with resistance bands that involve a lot of your muscles. Check out all of them in this video by Kelsey Wells.
8. I might get hurt while doing an exercise
Once again, if your only desire is a long, healthy life and a lean, sexy body you do not need to work out in ways that will have more harm than good. So if you’re afraid you might injure yourself, begin with simple activities such as walking and take it slowly.
- Start simple and keep growing. Start with a simple walking program. Warm-up before you exercise, and cool down when you’re finished. As time passes and you start getting into the habit, keep adding more exercises as you like.
- Join a beginner class. Learn the basics. It could be free-hand exercises or even yoga. Or if that scares you, try starting with meditation for a calming effect, and to help you focus on your goals.
- Hire a professional trainer. A professional trainer is like your personal mentor you can depend on. They will guide you correctly from basics like setting your goals, to monitoring your body movements, help you keep your balance, & catch you before you fall :). If that does not help you overcome your fear, I don’t know what will.
- If you are injured, or if you are suffering from any medical conditions like hi/low blood pressures or diabetes, consult your doctor. Connect with an exercise therapist. They will design exercise routines that are more suitable for your conditions. The right exercises combined with the right diet and medications will keep your health conditions stable, and even boost your body’s healing process.
Regular exercises are the only way you can manage your health conditions as well as enjoy foods that doctors told you not to touch. So by choosing to not exercise, you lose your opportunity of enjoying a normal life. So aim to stay physically active, and apply any of the ideas that you just read and see if it helps.
To find the best keto products on the market, visit onlineketoproducts.com, and buy your stack.
We really recommend watching this Youtube video about Ben Greenfield to know about his bio-hacks and the secrets to his Pro fitness.
The One Reason Above All
With this pandemic situation going on, for most of us, our maximum time is spent inside our homes. While getting fit is not easy, losing your fitness on the couch is very easy. We cannot let a temporary reason like closed gyms and COVID19 do this to us. So while you stay home and #StaySafe, do not forget to #StayFitStayPro and let us know what you think in the comments below!