As I have always mentioned in my previous articles, proper sleep is very much important for bodybuilders. Not only for bodybuilders, but it is also important for everyone to get proper sleep. Welcome back, friends!! Today I’ll discuss why sleep is important for your health, and what health issues caused due to lack of proper sleep. Along with regular workout, plenty of water, lots of nutritious foods, you also need proper sleep it is a must. Bodybuilders must know without proper sleep bodybuilding is useless because you can’t develop your physique.
Is Sleep Important for your Health?
Yes, as I’ve said before sleep is important for each and every individual. It plays an important role in your physical health. Sleep deficiency can increase the risk of kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, other skin related issues. I’ve seen many people sleeping too less sometimes due to a lot of work, or students studying for a whole night before exams, few people play games or watch movies without sleeping. But I must say you that sleep is very much important for your health. Along with work, studies, exercises, or any kind of entertainment you must sleep.
If you want to know the one-stop destination where you can buy perfect keto products, visit onlineketoproducts.com, try them out today.
Can Lack of Proper Sleep Cause Headaches?
Most of the time headaches are caused due to a lack of proper sleep. When you sleep, each and every organ of your body slows down and comes in a rest mode. Organs are kind of machines they run continuously for 14 to 15 hours but the rest of the time they need rest. And if you don’t rest the organs for at least 8 to 10 hours then you fall sick, and other major health issues caused due to sleep deficiency that I’ve mentioned above. When I was in class 12, having my final exams during that time overnight studies has caused me headaches.
Learn more on daily health tips to boost your health.
13 Major Health Issues that Cause Due to Lack of Proper Sleep
Now I’ll discuss health issues that are caused due to lack of proper sleep. Before Discussing I suggest you all sleep and rest your body for at least 8 to 10 hours in total. Proper sleep not only rests your organs but also makes you feel fresh, energetic, recharged.
- Heart Diseases – several heart diseases like heart attack, heart failure, an irregular heartbeat can suddenly occur when there is a lack of sleep for a long time.
- High Blood Pressure – this could hurt your body’s ability to regulate stress hormones, leading to high blood pressure. You have to sleep for 8 to 10 hours for treatment and prevention of high blood pressure.
- Stroke – When you overrun your organs out of limit without sleeping and continue this for a long time. Unfortunately, this results in a stroke.
- Diabetes – Lack of sleep has a significant risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Also increases the risk of heart diseases.
- Dark Circles Under Eyes – this happens in most of the cases when you’re not sleeping for many nights due to having tension or maybe any reason then you can see dark circles appearing under eyes. This also happens when you are not sleeping and are suffering from depression.
- Kills Sex Drive – When a man or women has a lot of pressure on his work, then they sleep for less time. And lack of sleep gradually makes them lose confidence and as a result, kills sex drive. Nowadays young couples are facing this kind of issues.
- Strongest Link to Depression – there may be two cases happening, the first case is less sleep due to depression. Another case is depression due to less sleep.
- Skin Ageing – lack of sleep is correlated with reduced skin health and accelerates skin ageing. Some studies in women have also shown that sleeping for less time can cause premature skin ageing.
- Unnecessary Weight Gain – Studies have shown that sometimes less sleep is also a reason for unnecessary weight gain.
- Late Recovery of Cuts & Wounds – When you have any cuts & wounds and not sleeping then recovery rate will be lower. You need to sleep properly for faster recovery of cuts & wounds.
- Kidney Disease – studies showed that in women lack of sleep can cause kidney problems.
- Irregular Menstrual Periods – Delayed Sleep Syndrome is highly likely to have irregular menstrual periods.
- Lowers Sperm Count – Delayed sleep may also reduce sperm quality as well as it’ll affect sperm count.
Does Lack of Proper Sleep Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes?
Chronic sleep loss can lead to lackluster skin, fine lines, and dark circles under the eyes. Lack of sleep can also cause fluid to build underneath your eyes causing them to appear puffy. And not only your skin but also affects your eyesight. Not getting enough sleep can lead to having dry, itchy, or bloodshot eyes. This can further open the door to eye infections. The eyes may produce fewer tears after a night of insufficient sleep. Dark circles under the eyes are a common skin issue due to lack of sleep.
9 Amazing Benefits of Proper Sleeping
- Sleep can help you maintain the ideal body weight.
- It helps you feel energetic, refreshed, and you can concentrate on your work or studies well after proper sleep.
- Very much useful in bodybuilding, but is a must. Without sleep, you can’t develop physique.
- Reduces blood pressure levels.
- Faster recovery of cuts and wounds.
- Enhances your mental strength as well as physical strength.
- Better sex drive.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- It also improves your memory.