Walnut (अखरोट, আখরোট), is a fruit most of us has tried at least once in our lifetimes. It is a fruit that has a single edible seed inside it, and it’s protected by a hard outer layering shell, that is really difficult to break. In this article, I’ll talk about Walnut Nutrition Facts.
Read till the end to know, what are the benefits of this fruit, and how it can help in your fat loss or muscle building goals. I’ll also discuss why having a handful of these walnuts can provide you enough vitamins and minerals to last you a meal.
A must read on Walnuts Nutrition Facts
What are Walnut Nutrition Facts?
Let’s talk about the Walnut Nutrition Facts, first:
Amount (per 100g)
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 65 g||100%|
|Saturated fat 6 g||30%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 47 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 9 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 2 mg||0%|
|Potassium 441 mg||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14 g||4%|
|Dietary fiber 7 g||28%|
|Sugar 2.6 g|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||2%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||25%|
As you can see, Walnut can be a good source of protein. And since most of it is unsaturated fat, it can be a really good addition to your daily diet. It’s a must-try fruit if you want to gain muscles.
If you want to know about yoga and fitness exercises, try visiting rameshkharwar.com. They have excellent articles on these topics.
What are the Benefits of Walnuts?
Now let’s talk about the benefits of Walnuts:
- High in Omega 3: Walnut is basically the only tree nut that is a good source of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), it is a plant-based Omega-3 essential fatty acid. It is so good that only one-ounce of walnut provides 2.5g of ALA.
- Good for your heart and brain: Walnuts is a brain-shaped fruit which is also excellent for your heart and brain. And since it’s a plant-based Omega-3 source, it’s a good choice for vegetarians. To know about an awesome animal-based omega-3 source, read Triplex Fish Oil.
- Unsaturated fats: I’ve discussed this earlier, but the presence of unsaturated fats in the walnut is one of its main benefits. Saturated fats are actually the unhealthy fats that we don’t need; they cause a spike in bad cholesterol and heart problems. Walnuts have healthy unsaturated fats.
- Anti-Cancer Food: One of the main benefits of walnuts is that it is a cancer-fighting food. The presence of certain ingredients in the walnut slows the growth of cancer in your body. The addition of walnut in your diet can slow the growth of the tumor by 30%-40%. So it is quintessential when it comes to anti-cancer food.
- Anti-Oxidants: Walnuts are good anti-oxidants. It is a powerful anti-oxidizing food that kills free radicals and toxins in our bodies.
- Good for Reproductive System: All the men reading this article should definitely eat walnuts. It is really good to improve the quality of your sperms, and that is why people with low sperm count are advised to include walnut in their diet.
- Reduce the Risk of Diabetes: The main issue the diabetic patients have is the insulin adjustment problem. Walnut is the go-to food for preventing insulin spike, hence it considerably reduces the risk of diabetes.
How Much is Recommended for Optimum Muscle Building?
For muscle building purposes, you can easily take two serving, of 28g each, everyday! Although walnuts have fats, they are unsaturated fats which are good for health.
So the calorie count is also high. And in muscle building you need food with high calorie count. Hence it is good for you.
If you want to know about a website that takes care of your health and lifestyle needs like no other, try visiting openzimzim.com.
When and How to Have Walnuts?
It is recommended to have a handful, or 28g (if you have a serving cup to measure) of walnuts everyday.
It is a really good snack option that you can try in the afternoon, or in evening.
Simply having them as it is can be a good option, but you can also try them with milk and egg whites.
Now you Know why you Should Try Walnuts
So these were the Walnut Nutrition Facts and why you should try them. I hope I could clear most of your questions on this topic.
If I missed something, or if you want me to write about something else, feel free to notify me in the comment section. We will respond to you in an hour.