Beetroot juice is another wonder juice that helps you all the way and takes care of your overall health. Before you start reading this try to understand all these juices taste bad. I personally will suggest one thing don’t go on taste or look, the food or juice that doesn’t taste good this means it has more health benefits. This juice may prevent you from cancer, later we’ll discuss this below. Beets are rich in a natural chemical called nitrates. Through a chain reaction, your body changes nitrates into nitric oxide, which helps your blood flow and blood pressure.
When to Drink Beet Juice?
Doctors suggest that it is best to have beetroot juice early in the morning or just one hour before your breakfast. You shall drink a 200ml glass of beet juice every day to take all its benefits. But to get the best results drink it freshly else the nutrition value of the juice diminishes. In some studies, drinking about 2 cups of beet juice daily lowered blood pressure in healthy adults. For healthy adults, they can take 200 to 250ml of beet juice daily to get optimal benefits. It is considered safe to drink beet juice one hour before breakfast.
6 Top Health Benefits of Beetroot Juice
- May Prevent Cancer – the juice of the beetroot, with potential antioxidant and protective activities. Betalains have chemo-preventive abilities against some cancer cell lines.
- Good Source of Essential Minerals – your body cannot perform well without essential minerals. Some minerals boost your immune system, beet juice provides – potassium, iron, magnesium, sodium, zinc, selenium, copper.
- Protects your Liver – due to the following reasons – excessive alcohol consumption, a poor diet, exposure to toxic substances, your liver becomes overloaded. The antioxidant betaine potentially helps prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver.
- Lowers your Blood Pressure – beet juice helps lower your blood pressure. Some studies found that people who drank 250ml of beet juice daily lowered blood pressure.
- Increase Stamina – drinking beet juice daily also increases plasma nitrate levels and boosts stamina.
- May Reduce Cholesterol – if you have high cholesterol then you can add beet juice to your diet. Studies found that beetroot extract lowers total cholesterol.
Does Beetroot Juice Lower Blood Pressure?
Yes, beetroot juice does lower blood pressure as we have also mentioned this on 6 top benefits of beet juice. Both raw beet juice and cooked beets were found to be effective at lowering blood pressure and decreasing inflammation. Some studies found that people who drank 250ml of beet juice daily lowered blood pressure. Nitrates, compounds in beet juice that convert into nitric oxide in the blood and help widen and relax blood vessels, are thought to be the cause.
How to Make Beetroot Juice?
A lot of my clients ask me how to make beetroot juice at home. Yes, you can make beet juice at home just by following these simple steps. And you can prepare this healthy juice in just a few minutes. To make your own beetroot juice, firstly trim the ends off of the beets. Then rinse them under running water. Cut the beetroots into quarters so they don’t overpower the juicer or blender. If you are using a juicer, feed the beet chunks into the juicer one at a time. Then run the juicer or blender, and you get the juice. Finally, filter it in a glass to get the pure beetroot juice.
Is Beetroot Juice Bad for your Kidneys?
Beet is likely safe for most people when taken in less amounts like typically found in foods. Drinking beetroot juice regularly can affect the color of urine and feces due to the natural pigments in beets. It contains high levels of oxalates, which can later cause kidney stones in people with a high risk of this condition. When you consume something in a limited amount, that will surely lower the chances of risk. Kidney patients can avoid beet or beet juice.
We have also discussed about Noni Juice please be sure to know all its benefits.