Dry cupping therapy works very effectively in muscle recovery. First of all, the physiotherapist will find out the trigger points in the body, trigger points are nothing but the muscle knots which prevent flexibility, and muscle recovery. As you work out and follow a regular diet the same way you also need therapy or massage once to twice a month. It will enhance your performance and muscle recovery faster.
Regular workout, following a proper diet, and therapy must be equally divided to get the desired result. Thereafter physiotherapist uses the IASTM tool to find out the restriction in the muscles. When the hot cup is placed on your skin, the air inside the cup cools and creates a vacuum that draws the skin and muscle upward into the cup. Your skin may turn red as the blood vessels respond to the change in pressure. With dry cupping, the cup is set in place for a set time, usually between 10 and 20 minutes.
5 Super Amazing Benefits of Dry Cupping Therapy
- May increase microcirculation of the soft tissue structures – Cupping is a technique that utilizes negative pressure to stretch structures in the human body including fascia, skin, and muscle tissue. This also improves healing and increases the range of motion. The purpose of this technique is to increase the microcirculation of the soft tissue structures.
- It may encourage tissues to release toxins – cupping therapy gives your body a boost in releasing those toxins. Also, focused blood flow helps your body by flushing built-up toxins through the lymphatic system. By drawing impurities to the surface, it removes toxins.
- Cupping reduces anxiety – It promotes deep relaxation to move through your entire body. When a massage therapist glides the cup across your skin, your parasympathetic nervous system engages.
- Helps in muscle recovery – Cupping targets areas of skin and deep tissue within the back to dull pain, break up scar tissue, and relax muscles and connective tissue. For muscle recovery, this therapy may work effectively.
- May effectively cure text syndrome – Most of the persons who are mobile, laptop users are suffering from text syndrome. The symptom that you’ll see in this case is neck maybe forward flexed or forward neck flexion. Trigger forms in the upper trapezius. This therapy may cure the forward neck flexion or may help to correct the posture of the neck.
How Dry Cupping Helps in Muscle Recovery?
Dry cupping therapy is very much ideal for muscle recovery. You might think what does it do, how does it work? This vacuum sensation creates a kind of 3D myofascial release i.e easing the tension between the muscles and connective tissues. This also increases blood flow and circulation to the area to help reduce muscle pain and soreness, as well as speed up the recovery of affected painful muscles. After a power-packed workout session sometimes you might require dry cupping therapy which will help you in muscle recovery and also benefits you in other ways as discussed above. Dry cupping therapy can shorten your recovery time and optimize your training plan by delivering oxygen to hard-worked muscles and essential nutrients.
Is Dry Cupping only for Bodybuilders?
No, this is absolutely wrong thought. Dry cupping is a safe, traditional treatment that helps resolve chronic muscle tightness and pain faster than massage therapy alone. From Olympic athletes to pregnant pop stars, people are enjoying the benefits of cupping. Dry cupping therapy is important for those who work out and as well as those who don’t work out. Along with that essential vitamins and minerals also must be taken. If you are working constantly at the office for 10-7 or women who take care of all household-related work. I strongly suggest they try these therapies to get rid of back pain, neck pain.
Note: Dry cupping or cupping therapy should be done by a certified professional or licensed acupuncturist. Ex – such as certified massage therapist.
Can Dry Needling and Dry Cupping be done Together?
Previously I have discussed the usefulness of Dry Needle Therapy. Here I will discuss which is the best for treating muscle pain. Firstly I’ll discuss which is more cost-effective. A single session of dry needling may cost anywhere between Rs. 500 to Rs. 1,000. Sessions of dry cupping may cost between Rs 1,000 and Rs 7,000. They last between 20 and 40 mins. Only three sessions, a month or more apart, can be done in a year. Dry needling can be used in conjunction with electrical stimulation to provide a larger dose of pain relief. Dry needling can also be used with cupping. Know more about dry needling.
If the two procedures are done together, cupping precedes dry needling. Dry needling and dry cupping can be done together also it may be a powerful combination for pain relief. The combined dry needling and dry cupping technique used to release endorphins into the bloodstream. Endorphins help relax muscles and decrease pain. These are then pulled to the target area by the cups and needles to help the muscles to relax.
3 Reasons how Dry Cupping Cures Backpain
- Backpain mainly occurs when there are trigger points or muscle knots in your leg muscles. Firstly cupping therapy is done in leg and calves muscles.
- The tool is used to loosen or release the fascia to reach the deeper muscles.
- Dry needling is done on calves and leg muscles to directly hit the trigger points or muscle knots and fix them. While needling therapy is done muscle responses by twitching, all the knots or trigger points are released by needling.