Collagen is used by most of the bodybuilders, it can help you build bigger and stronger muscles. It provides a lot of structure and elasticity in the muscles, ligaments, anti-aging skin, tendons, blood vessels, and connective tissues. It is not only helpful for bodybuilders it is also helpful for athletes. Collagen peptides have been proven as a nutrition solution to support strong and flexible tendons and ligaments in athletes. It also contributes to high performance and fast return to training. If you are a hardcore bodybuilder or athlete you can surely try collagen, I’ve discussed the useful benefits of using it.
Is it Present in Food or have to be Taken Externally – The Source?
First of all, I would like to say that collagen is present in food that I’m going to discuss below. And it can also be taken externally as a supplement or medication.
- Egg White
- Citrus Fruits
- White Tea
- Fish & Shellfish
- Tropical Fruits
- Bone Broth
- Bell Peppers
- Green Leafy Vegetables
- Cashew Nuts
- Pumpkin Seeds
Is it Safe to take Collagen?
Now let’s talk about how safe it is to consume. Research suggests that supplementing with collagen is a safe and effective way to improve the health of skin and joints. When you eat or drink a protein like this, your stomach and small intestine will break the protein down using enzymes. Previously I have also discussed Creatine Monohydrate, if you haven’t read it go and read it, loaded with information. Before buying this supplement please be sure that you are buying from a certified brand that holds proper government license of that country to sell it. There are many fraud supplements around the market that may not be safe for your health. Very minimum side effects are there, which I will discuss in another part.
8 Surprising Benefits of Collagen
Collagen is the most plentiful protein in the body. Here I have discussed the important benefits of it.
- Brain Health – no studies have examined the role of it in the brain health. however, some people claim they improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety.
- Promotes Weight Loss – some results have shown that consuming collagen supplements may promote weight loss and a faster metabolism.
- Improves Heart Health – it provides structure to your artilleries, which are the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body. Without enough collagen, your heart may become fragile and weak.
- Skin Elasticity – women who took this supplement showed improved skin appearance and elasticity. It also minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Boosts Muscle Mass – bodybuilders and athletes use this supplement for boosting muscle mass, keeps your muscles strong, and function properly. Also stimulates muscle growth after exercises.
- May Prevent Bone Loss – very useful for the prevention of bone loss. Your bones are made mostly of collagen, which gives them structure and keep them strong. Consumption of this can make your bones strong.
- Improves Skin Health – it plays a major role in strengthening skin, may benefit in elasticity and hydration. This helps to slow the aging of your skin by reducing wrinkles and dryness.
- Reduces Joint Pain – as the amount of collagen in your body decreases as you get older, joint pain increases. Studies have shown that taking this supplement may help improve symptoms of osteoarthritis and reduce joint pain overall.
Noni Juice have extraordinary benefits, a fruit that has so many benefits.
What Collagen is Made of?
Collagen is a protein made up of amino acids, specifically glycine, hydroxyproline, proline, and arginine. Collagen peptide supplements are typically derived from bovine connective tissue or fish, from marine collagen. It makes up approximately 30% of the proteins within the body. Some people take it as a supplement to counteract its deterioration. You must be this thinking of, is it vegan? Conventional collagen supplements are not vegan. Vegan versions exist but they are not yet accessible to mainstream consumers. The body naturally makes its own collagen by breaking down dietary protein into amino acids.
How Much Collagen Should I Take Per Day?
Important as always, you might be thinking what are the correct doses of it? Or how much should I take per day? I will answer all of them, dosage recommendations vary. Studies have shown that the benefits of this supplement have evaluated doses ranging from 2.5 to 10 grams per day. However, manufacturers of supplement makers recommend up to 30 grams per day. Your personal certified fitness trainer may be the best source of advice to determine the proper dose for you. And be sure to discuss it with your personal trainer before start consuming this supplement.