Blueberry is the king of antioxidant foods, also it is nutritious, sweet, and wildly popular. It is a berry a very small fruit but has unique health benefits. It grows in a type of woody plant called shrub. The blueberry bush, scientific name: Cyanococcus, higher classification: Vaccinium. It is a flowering shrub that produces berries with a bluish, purple hue – also known as blueberries. Many types of blueberries grow in Eastern Asia and North America. It is a costly fruit for other countries where it doesn’t grow. Among so many varieties of blueberries, you might be thinking which is the best variety of it. The best selection is the highbush blueberry (Vaccinium Corymbosum).
How is the Taste of this Amazing Fruit?
First of all, I would like to say that there are hundreds of types of blueberries available. The cultivar fruit taste can vary from sweet to tart. Fresh blueberries are slightly sweet in taste and are delightful. Sweeter blueberries do exists while some blueberries are tarter than others. Great fruits or foods might not taste good but will definitely have so many health benefits. Blueberries fight UTIs which is a major problem that most of the women are facing now. Not only it tastes good but also it is uniquely beneficial. As I have discussed below about the extraordinary health benefits of blueberries, so don’t skip lines read thoroughly.
We also have another magical fruit Walnut (Akhrot) Nutrition Facts.
Why Blueberry is Good for you?
Most amazingly blueberries are packed with antioxidants and phytoflavonoids. Again blueberry is a rich source of vitamin C and these berries are also high in potassium. Organic blueberries are the top choice of nutritionists and doctors. Not only these berries are anti-inflammatory they also lower your risk of heart disease and cancer. Blueberries have been reported to lower blood pressure after eight weeks of daily ingestion. Some small trials also have shown people who drank blueberry juice reported reduced depressive symptoms and were found to have improvements in recalling words and improved blood sugar levels. Some studies have also shown older adults who ate two cups of blueberries daily reportedly saw improvements in mobility.
8 Most Unique Health Benefits of Blueberry
- Rich in Antioxidant – It has the highest source of antioxidant levels among all common fruits and vegetables. It contains the main antioxidant compounds that belong to a family of polyphenols antioxidants called flavonoids.
- Reduces DNA Damage – DNA damage plays an important role in the development of diseases like cancer. It is also part of the reason why we grow older. As blueberries are high in antioxidants, they neutralize some of the free radicals that damage your DNA.
- May Lower Blood Pressure – People with high blood pressure have a major risk factor for heart disease. An 8-week study has shown daily 50 grams consumption of blueberries has lowered the blood pressure.
- May Prevent from Heart Diseases – Anthocyanins this is the main antioxidants in the blueberries. Consumption of blueberries will lower 32% risk of heart attacks. And keeps your heart strong.
- Improves Memory and Maintain Brain Function – antioxidants in blueberries may benefit aging neurons, leading to improvements in cell signaling. It improves your memory and maintains brain function.
- May Have Anti-Diabetes Effects – some fruits show extraordinary benefits against diabetes just like that blueberry may have anti-diabetes effects. Research suggests that anthocyanins in blueberries have beneficial effects on insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism.
- May Reduce Muscle Damage – Blueberries accelerate muscle recovery after strenuous exercises and muscle workouts. This ultimately lessen the muscle damage and boosts muscle performance.
- Fights Urinary Tract Infections – Blueberries contain substances that can prevent certain bacteria from binding to the wall of your bladder, which may help prevent UTIs. This is among the unique benefits of any fruit.
Why Blueberry is expensive?
Because of their delicate nature, each blueberry has to be hand-picked. This also has a high labor cost involved in its production. There may be one more valid reason, due to the recent trend in rich antioxidant food consumption the price of blueberries has naturally gone up. The other problem is that blueberries come from a wild bush plant and don’t produce as much fruit weight to stem/leaf/root weight. On top of it, all berries are also very expensive in general due to their short shelf life. Even more so the people that buy blueberries for antioxidants probably will want them to be organic. It is expensive but still, it is consumed for its extraordinary health benefits.
To know about Blueberry’s Nutrition Facts and Health Benefits.
How and When to have Blueberry?
You can use blueberries as fresh toppings on waffles, pancakes, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, Dalia, cornflakes, muesli, etc. No matter if you workout then you need to eat high-quality foods for muscle growth or weight gain. When you mix blueberries with the above foods then you get a high-quality taste and obviously, it will contain higher nutrient values.you can also whip up a quick and easy smoothie using frozen berries, yogurt, and low-fat milk. You can have blueberries or other foods mixing up with blueberries on breakfast, lunch, or evening meals. You can also add blueberries with whey protein to get even better results. Generally, we Indians don’t prefer eating any kind of fruit at night. You can also add blueberries on vanilla ice cream to get a perfect boost on some more calories and protein.
By this, I end up the article, for any queries regarding weight gain, weight loss, fitness & workout kindly drop a comment below. And be sure to share this article with your dearest friends and family.